INTRODUCTION TO OUR TERMS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTY
By booking Lock City you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. This applies to all bookings, whether made via our website, text, via a 3rd party, by email or over the telephone. Please read through the following document and give special notice to the service you are receiving:-
NO WORKING KEY SITUATION (lost and broken keys)
Before replacing your key, it is company policy to ask customer’s to sign the following disclaimer:
1) I confirm that I am either the owner of the vehicle, or have the owner’s permission to carryout this work.
2) I understand that on a lost/broken key situation (where no working key is available), Lock City are unable to carryout a pre-work assessment, which determines any pre-existing or underlying faults with the vehicle. Once the new key/s are programmed in, I understand that Lock City are not responsible for any faults (e.g. dashboard fault lights).
3) I understand that any keys not available at the time of programming (including lost keys that maybe found later) will not work due to a safety feature of the software, and that any future visits to re-programme keys back in are chargeable (where this is a possibility). Any rebooking to take place in our coverage area only, during our normal working hours, subject to availability. Please ask for a quotation.
4) If claiming the money back via your insurance company, we can supply a VAT invoice, however, we do not get involved with the terms and conditions of your policy. Policy criteria would be between the customer and the insurer only. Please check the terms of your insurance company before instructing work from us.
Please see details of your key warranty further in this document.
PROGRAMMING / REPROGRAMMING
When you ask us to programme or reprogramme your existing key, or one that you have purchased elsewhere, this is a non refundable fee i.e. the fee quoted is chargeable regardless of the outcome. We cannot guarantee products we have not supplied. It maybe possible for us to quote on a new key instead, where our warranty will apply – please ask for a quotation and availability. Any old keys not present at the time of programming will not work after programming, we will charge for reprogramming if old keys are found and you require to have them programmed back in.
A diagnostic charge will be applied in situations where we have been booked in to identify key faults, even when it is identified that the key is not faulty.
Even after the install of extra security locks we never guarantee that a vehicle will not be broken into, no vehicle is impenetrable. It is usually the flimsy bodywork that is failing rather than the lock itself. Your van deadlocks will need regular maintenance (please see below) – Replace any key that is bent or damaged – Use a lubricant that contains PTFE (silicon not permitted). During adverse weather conditions or high usage, it may be necessary to increase the maintenance frequency. An indication that lubrication is required is when the key operation including insertion into the cylinder becomes stiffer or more difficult than usual.
1. Shake the lubricant can vigorously for several seconds to ensure contents are mixed. 2. Insert the nozzle of the lubricant into the keyway and apply sufficient lubricant to penetrate the cylinder mechanism (approximate 1 second burst).
3. Run the key in and out of the cylinder several times.
4. Apply a second short application of the lubricant.
5. Repeat running the key in and out of the cylinder.
6. Test the cylinder operation, and wipe any residue from external surfaces and key.
7. If cylinder will still not operate, please contact us.
WARRANTY FOR REPLACEMENT OR SPARE KEYS
Our keys are guaranteed for 6 months, with the exception of after market key cards which have a 3 month warranty. If you experience problems with your key during this time (from date of invoice), no refund will be given, instead our policy is to return to you (within our coverage area and during normal working hours), to run diagnostics on the key and to replace the key if a fault is identified. Before you call us, please read the following exclusions …
If you are having problems with your new fob, you will need to try a replacement battery, as consumables are not included in the warranty. If we return to you, and a new battery is all that is needed to fix the problem, we will charge for the visit (depending on location, but a minimum of £75 plus VAT). If you are satisfied that the battery is fine, and has been inserted in the right way, please contact us and we will be happy to arrange a time to visit, please see below.
– If we return, and there is another issue with the vehicle (e.g electrical issue, flat battery), the visit is chargeable (depending on location, but a minimum of £75 plus VAT). We can try to rule this out over the phone. Recall work only valid within a 5 mile radius from the original address where work was carried out, during normal working hours and subject to availability.
– Programming if a one off fee (as mentioned above) and therefore no warranty or refund if the desired outcome has not been achieved.
– No cover for loss of product
– No cover for loss of programming resulting in customer changing the battery incorrectly
– No accidental damage to include snapped keys and other wear and tear.
– All modern keys are very fragile and any evidence of the key being misused may be a reason to refuse warranty.
– No guarantee offered on repair work.
– No guarantee offered on work that was carried out free of charge.
– There may be a charge if we are called to the same fault more than once.
Please also note:
– Replacements on special order items, (where a product has been personalised for your vehicle) will be at the discretion of the manufacturer, and their analysis will act as a final decision.
– We only guarantee products we supply, e.g we do not guarantee a vehicle key that has been programmed by us, but purchased elsewhere.
– Faulty products maybe sent for analysis before a replacement is issued. The results from our supplier will act as the final decision.
– Guarantee is only valid to the original Purchaser.
– Please keep your invoice as proof of purchase.
– We are not responsible for any underlying issues for the vehicle that require the attention of an Auto Electrician or Main Dealer.
– Any old keys not present at the time of programming will not work after programming, we will charge for reprogramming if old keys are found.
– For work carried out on vehicles purchased at auction, any services will still be chargeable if the vehicle fails to start, due to an underlying issue with the vehicle. The risk is completely with the customer.
– We will strictly not cover any type of indirect or consequential expenses resulting from (1) product failure or (2) unforeseen time delays in completing the work
which include:Vehicle breakdown/recovery charges – Travel expenses & hotel costs – Missed appointments – 3rd party expenses – Inconvenience from delay – Loss of earnings
We understand that this can be a frustrating situation for you – please contact us and we will be happy to offer you a discount (where possible) on a new key. Special order items and codes, unfortunately cannot be discounted.
QUOTATIONS AND ESTIMATES
Both verbal and written quotations / estimates are valid for 30 days, but can be withdrawn at anytime. All prices quoted are subject to VAT at 20%
1 HOUR SERVICE
We offer a 1 hour response where possible and subject to availability, however no discounts apply if the Locksmith arrives after the hour. We will always endeavourto give honest and realistic arrival times.
NO CALL OUT FEE
We do not charge a call out fee for just arriving at your vehicle, however any work/diagnostics you instruct us to carryout, is chargeable on arrival.
A diagnostic charge will be applied in situations where we have been booked in to identify key faults, even when it is identified that the key is not faulty. The diagnostic charge will be dependent on location, with a minimum charge of £75 plus VAT.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Special order items (where parts or codes are being ordered in specifically for your vehicle) are to be paid in full before we can order. These items are strictly non refundable (e.g. keys and vehicle security codes), even if keys are found during the wait time, we are unable to refund your money.
Instead the new key can be used as a spare. In most cases, we will need to receive your V5 (inside lefthand page) and matching driving licence ID. The delivery times will be out of our control but estimated to be within 10 working days. No discounts or refunds will be given for delays.
Full payment is due on completion of the work, unless an invoice has been previously agreed with Lock City Ltd
• Pre-agreed invoices are on a 14 day payment term, unless specified differently on your invoice
• We take all major credit and debit cards.
• We do not accept cheques or BACS payments
VARIATIONS TO THIS POLICY
We may change these terms and conditions at any time, by altering this page.